Roles and Responsibilities
Work Location - Thane - Mumbai
- Strong understanding of Database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring Database environments.
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience on AWR, log analysis and fix based on recommendation.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience on Oracle, MS -SQL, DB2 & IBM CDC technologies.
- Hands On Experience of MS SQL Cluster, ORACLE DB RAC creation and maintenance/troubleshooting.
- Strong Knowledge of cloud based PAAS DB service which included managed SQL, Replication and other Public cloud offering of Managed database service.
- SQL Always On, Oracle DataGuard configuration & trouble shooting
- Other Optional : Open stack DB exposure like PostgreSQL, MYSQL, etc ,,
- Strong knowledge on Database encryption and implementation.
- Experience of database migration on cloud with re-platforming
- Strong Knowledge on Linux and Windows system.
- Implementation knowledge of database on cloud for Oracle to setup high availability in Azure and other public cloud.
- Sizing of databases for cloud.
- Certifications: Database Administration of Oracle and SQL.
- ITILv3 –IT Service Management Framework
Desired Candidate Profile
Middle Service Delivery
- Understand critical business applications & associated transactions in terms of architecture, flow of transactions.
- Baseline minimum response time for transactions for application allocated for management
- Create environment models for new application development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Install, upgrade & configure relevant Database technologies components to ensure application access as well as Data consistency and integrity.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor database system including programs and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Plan and coordinate database migrations between systems.
- Analyze application transaction response time & ensure baseline is adhered.
- Establish appropriate end-user application access control levels.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members, outsourced staff of the team.
- SLA Uptime : 99.95% during Business hours for applications hosted at Data Center & Disaster Recovery Site
- Replication of Application changes between Primary & Disaster recovery site with adherence to the RTO & RPO specified in the BCP manual
- License Managementfor SIT, UAT, Production & DR
- Change Managementprocesses are adhered to for Infrastructure changes
- Sustaining & Adherence to ITIL V3 processes
- Incident management, Service request Management, Change management, Problem Management
- Vendor Management
- Handling vendor relationships for implementation, support
- Review services calls & ensure resolution within SLA
- Provide critical inputs to the Central Team on application usage trends & provide notification on breaching of critical threshold limits
- Participate in Audit activities (Internal as well as External)
- Facilitate DR Drills as per schedule & ensure DR Infrastructure readiness for BCP Users at site
Salary: 12,00,000 - 20,00,000 P.A.
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization, Computers,BCA in Computers
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) in Computers,MCA in Computers,M.Tech in Computers
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
VRS Advisory Services