Roles and Responsibilities
This role will be responsible for leading a team of IR professionals responsible for identifying, containing and eradicating cyber security incidents. The ideal candidate must have an experience with security monitoring and incident response activities, and detail oriented. The candidate must possess exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills, adept at remain calm and making good decisions under pressure, and a drive to enhance security controls.
Key Result Areas
- 8+ Years of experience in responding to large cyber incidents
- Lead cyber incident response to ensure proper assessment, containment, mitigation and documentation
- Support cyber investigations and contribution to large- and small-scale security breaches
- Review and analyze cyber threats and provide SME support
- Participate as part of a close team of technical specialists on coordinated responses and subsequent remediation of security incidents
- Manage the security monitoring enrollment process to ensure adequate coverage and effectiveness of all new and existing cloud and premise-based applications, services and platforms
- Maintain detailed tracking plan of all internal/external enrollment outcomes/recommendations and provide support through to implementation
- Act as a liaison between cyber-defense, engineering, security architecture, network & system operations, and functional project teams to ensure effective project implementation that meets incident response requirements
Desired Candidate Profile
- Experience performing log analysis locally and via SIEM/log aggregation tool.
- Analyse and/or decipher packet captures from network protocol analysers (Wireshark, TCPdump, etc).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the behaviour, security risks and controls of common network protocols.
- Demonstrate an understanding of common applications used in Windows and Linux enterprise environment. Familiarity with Active Directory, Exchange and Office365 applications and logs.
- Familiarity with the tools and techniques required to analyse & reverse diverse protocols and data traversing a network environment.
- Understanding of network, desktop and server technologies, including experience with network intrusion methods, network containment, segregation techniques and technologies such as Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS)
- Strong knowledge of incident response and crisis management with the ability to identify both tactical and strategic solutions using strong verbal and written communication skills
- Cloud security knowledge and skills; securing cloud environments as well as detecting and responding to cyber security incidents in the cloud
Engineering degree with certifications and/or training in a technical security specialty (e.g., CEH, CISA, CISSP, CISM).
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP)
- Global Information Assurance Certifications (GIAC)
Salary: 25,00,000 - 37,50,000 P.A.
Functional Area:IT & Information Security
Role Category:IT Security
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
VRS Advisory Services
Hiring for a Indian Life Insurance Company.