Roles and Responsibilities
The role of an VP-IT to manage HR & Finance vertical for Corporate Applications and Information, can be defined as someone who has the knowledge and skills to manage the vertical that (a) caters to requirements of vertical stakeholders across the organization – HR and Finance, Investments, Internal Audit, Legal & Compliance, Actuarial and IT department and (b) ensure consistent, complete, and accurate data flow across apps with control reports governing the same. The person is also responsible to ensure data lineage enabling turning raw data into information and insight, which can be used to make business decisions.
The person should have good knowledge of Life Insurance applications with Functional and Nonfunctional requirements with People Management skill and Good Knowledge of change Management. Should have worked closely with different function ensure quality delivery as per the defined timelines. Must work closely with Business functions, Application development Team, Enterprise Architect Team, Data Centre Team, Vendor Management Team, outsource development Vendor and production support teams to ensure adherence to KPI on delivery and support.
- Manage strategic projects ensuring business objectives are met
- Working with programmers, developers, and management heads to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and devise data governance strategies
- Caters to application development and production support requirements of vertical stakeholders across the organization – HR & Finance.
- Caters to application development and production support of data integration and data flow across the internal systems and financial data mart for regulatory reporting, statutory reporting etc.
- Using change data capture and data extraction and transform tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources
- Data governance by reviewing reports and performance indicators to identify and correct code problems
- Using tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful for the diagnosis and prediction
Desired Candidate Profile
- 14+ years of experience in Data management/Analytics, Project management/delivery using various tools and technologies
- Proficient in programming languages like SQL, Oracle.
- DotNET, XML, ETL, MS SQL and Oracle databases
- Proficiency in IBM CDC, IBM DataStage, Microsoft Data Factory and SAP BO
- Adept at using data processing platforms and knowledge of Cloud Data Technologies (preferably on Azure)
- Knowledge of data visualization software like Board, Tableau, Qlik
Role:Software Development - Other
Salary: 40,00,000 - 60,00,000 P.A.
Functional Area:Engineering - Software
Role Category:Software Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization,BCA in Computers,B.Sc in Computers
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) in Computers,M.Tech in Any Specialization,MBA/PGDM in Information Technology,MCA in Computers
VRS Advisory Services